PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Version number: 010321-1
Effective date: 01.03.2021
Who are we?
- We are CATSDG. For privacy queries, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other contact details are on our website.
What’s the point of this policy?
- It tells you what to expect when we collect your personal information via our website or otherwise. Please only use our service if you are completely happy with this policy.Generally, the policy covers only information provided to us. If you give personal information to other people, such as payment providers or other websites, please check their privacy policies.
Might the policy change?
- Please check it whenever you visit our website. We will assume you agree to the new version of the policy if you use the site after its effective date. We may also notify you of any changes by email.
What do we collect?
- Information which you upload to our service or otherwise give us such as:
- your name and contact details;
- training history and preferences;
- other information you provide when you register with us or later such as your date of birth;
- similar information about other people included in your booking;
- details about your transactions on our service;
- your friend’s information if you use our “refer a friend” or similar service; and
- contact or other information which you give or allow us to use for newsletters or other marketing.
- Automated information about your use of our service such as: the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, connection information such as browser type and version, information about your device including device-type and device identifier, operating system and platform, mobile network data, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our system, login details, the site from which you arrived at our service, details of your activity with date / time stamps including pages you visited and your searches / transactions.
- The following information about you may be provided to us by other people:
- Limited billing information sent to us by our payment provider for verification purposes e.g., your name, email address and billing address.
What’s our reason / legal basis for collecting the information?
- It’s necessary to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with you and/or to perform such a contract. This applies to initial enquiries and to contact and transaction details.
- It’s in our “legitimate interests”, e.g., to manage and improve our service including tracking usage patterns and preventing or detecting fraud or abuse. This applies to automated usage data.
- It’s because you’ve specifically agreed on our service (e.g. by ticking a consent box). This applies to contact or other information which you give or allow us to use for newsletters or other marketing. You can withdraw permission at any time as explained on our service or by emailing us at the above email address.
How long do we keep personal information?
- Until you ask us to delete the information by emailing us at the above email address.
- We may hold on to some (or all) of your information for longer (typically up to seven years) if reasonably needed for legal, regulatory or tax reasons, deal with disputes, prevent fraud or abuse and/or enforce our terms and conditions.
- We will keep your information which we use only for newsletters or other marketing until you tell us to stop sending you such messages.
- We will generally keep automated browsing information for up to 26 months.
To whom do we send or make available your personal information?
- To other people who supply us with a service, website hosts, industry bodies e.g. BCA, insurance brokers, insurers, payment providers, and businesses which help us send communications or monitor our website and which provide us with e-commerce, online advertising, analytics, social media and other IT services.
- To regulators, the police and other law enforcement authorities to help deal with fraud and abuse and/or comply with legal requirements.
- To insurers and professional advisers in connection with our insurance cover or to deal with legal claims.
- To potential buyers so far as reasonably necessary, in the case of an actual or proposed (including negotiations for a) sale or merger or business combination involving all or the relevant part of our business.
Do we send your information outside the UK or European Economic Area (EEA)?
- Your personal information which we collect is stored within the UK or EEA and is not transferred to any third countries except as set out in this policy.
- Your personal information (e.g., name, email address, IP address, browsing information) may be transferred to the US by the following companies: Google / Facebook / Microsoft (analytics / advertising) and the social media companies listed under “cookies” below. Transfer is generally on the basis of contracts with special standard contractual clauses designed to provide adequate safeguards for your personal information. Some of these companies were certified under the “Privacy Shield” framework which is no longer applicable due to a court decision; we understand that the authorities are working on a replacement and we aim to update our policy to reflect this in due course.
What rights do you have?
- If the legal requirements are met: To ask us for access to your personal information, to rectify it if there are mistakes, to delete it or restrict its use in certain circumstances or to “data portability” or to withdraw any consent you’ve given (e.g. marketing).
- You may also have the right to object to use of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- If you have a complaint about how we are dealing with your personal information, please contact us via the email address above.
What about cookies?
- We ourselves may place the following types of cookies:
|Type of cookies||Purpose|
|“Remember me”||Remember you and speed up your login when you return to our site|
|Shopping cart||Remember contents of your cart and related preferences|
|Security||Provide security-related features to protect our site, for example to help stop fraudulent logins|
|Cookie notice||Store your response to our cookie notice|
- Companies which provide us with a service also place cookies. Some of these cookies (e.g. from Google) may involve certain information, such as your name and contact details and/or the IP and web address of the page you’re visiting, being sent to the company concerned. Below is a summary of the kinds of cookies used together with details about who places them and where you can go to get more information and to opt out (where possible):
- Analytics cookies: These kinds of cookies recognise and count the number of website visitors as well as providing other information about the visit such as duration, route through the website and where the visitor came from. This information helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users find what they need easily. These cookies are provided by:
- Google Analytics (“GA”). More information:
- Google’s overview of GA data practices and safeguarding
- How to specifically opt out from GA cookies
- Google’s use of its partners’ data
- Google Analytics (“GA”). More information:
- Advertising cookies: These kinds of cookies are typically used to personalise ads on this or other sites based on your use of our site, to measure ad effectiveness (for example, how often you click on or view ads and whether you go on to buy something from the advertiser) and to stop you being shown the same ad repeatedly. These cookies are provided by:
- Google (including Analytics Ad Features / AdSense / Doubleclick)
- Google’s use of its partners’ data
- Facebook (including “Facebook Pixel”)
- Microsoft’s Bing
Note that there are various places where you can go to opt out of many companies’ advertising cookies in one go including some or all of the above:
- Social media cookies: These kinds of cookies are placed by social media companies when you use their features on another site, for example if you click a Facebook “like”. These features may involve the relevant companies using cookies to collect information relating to your visit to our website or your interaction with their services or otherwise. Click the following links for further information including how to opt out where this is possible: Facebook, Instagram
- Payment provider cookies: Our payment provider may place cookies if you use their payment services on our site.